Dear Michael,
Let me say up front that I am very excited to hear my sister is getting married. I can think of nothing but positive qualities to describe Michelle, and you're probably aware of most of them. She's the smart one in the family and she's always had excellent judgement, so I trust that you're the guy for her.
However, pop culture has taught me that as Michelle's big brother, I'm supposed to be an intimidating, skeptical, annoying figure in your life. I plan on handling this responsibility VERY seriously, and you can expect the same dedication from Kevin and Doug.
Based on our two brief meetings, here's what I know about you (that matters):
A- You're family has a boat. This is a good thing. We're not big water sports people, but you'll find we're open to the idea of a couple days on the lake. Be wise and use this information to your advantage.
2- You're not a fan of card games or board games. What kind of a Mormon are you? How have you survived college? Strike one.
C- You don't play golf. Nuff said. Strike two.
I suggest you avoid strike three. Our family doesn't need another "incident" like the one we had with Jeremy. Life's just too short.
Congratulations. See you Jan. 2.
Rob

Dear Rob,
ReplyDeleteMy family has a boat. enough said. Those two strikes count for nothing when put up against that one fact. You pretty much said so yourself. What kind of mormon am I? well, i come from a family of ten kids, served a mission, and will be getting married in the temple. If thats not mormon i dont know what is. I dont know who this jeremy is but he obviously didnt stand a chance against what i have to offer. However i will be the first to thank you for taking your role seriously that pop culture has set the standard for. Intimidating brother is an important one to have around. Way to stick to it. In the next many times you meet me you will hopefully come to find that i "try" to play games when i'm with your family and have even taken michelle to the driving range a couple times and really enjoyed it. so not all hope is lost. i might eventually get there. just be patient with me. :) and in conclusion i'm excited to be a part of your family and get to know each of you more. especially while on the lake.
Michael
Rob -- loving the blog!
ReplyDeleteMichael -- it's cool, I don't golf either and they keep me around.
But I definitely play cards and games.