Family, friends. It's time you all met someone.
A mutual friend of ours introduced us at church a couple months ago because she thought the two of us might hit it off. While it was certainly love at first sight, we didn't exactly get along at first. Totally my fault. I'd been told she was kind of fragile and a little messy, so I was very cautious, a little overprotective, and tried to keep my distance.
I soon figured out this girl didn't need any sympathy from me. She was full of energy, beaming with personality, and could really light up a room. Since then I've made a point of seeing her every chance I get. I plan my days around her. It's been pure bliss.
"Sally" and I didn't want to deal with the questions from others if this didn't work out, so we felt it was best to keep our relationship on the down low as long as possible. We rarely went out in public or hung out with other people until we were comfortable with each other.
But I'm happy to report that things have been absolutely fantastic of late. We spent a couple nights at a dinner theater over the weekend and lots of people we're anxious to meet us.

Before I start to get people's hopes up, I should point out this story will not have a happy ending. Our time together is nearing its end because Sally's moving to El Cajon, Calif. in a few weeks and a long-distance relationship just isn't a possibility.
But boy do we make sweet music together.
----------------
1. For those of you totally in the dark about what's going on, I've been in a community theater production of "Forever Plaid." We did our first performances this past weekend, and part of my role was to play the accordion for one of our numbers. I will post more about the play when I have more photos available.
2. Before anyone wants to tease me about the hat, take it up with these guys first.
3. I owe my fondness for the accordion to my neighborhood friend Jeff Stirling, who introduced me to The Who.

That is a great picture.
ReplyDeleteSo I saw pictures on Facebook and I was wondering what Forever Plaid was. The picture of you and "Sally" totally made my morning. And it was a sucky morning!! Your wit never ceases to amaze me. I wish we lived closer!
ReplyDeleteI love the outfit, it's sexy.
ReplyDelete