Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bowl lotta work

What's this, you ask? Why it's the logo of one of the 2009 Mississippi Bowl, silly.

Why should you care, you ask?

You shouldn't. To even the most dedicated of sports fans, a junior college football bowl doesn't appear anywhere on the map. But I spent four days in beautiful Biloxi, Miss. covering the snot out of it, so you better believe I'm gonna blog about my time there.

-----

• Here's a little-known benefit about calling Utah your home state: you can spell it in four letters and say it in two syllables. Mississippi? Uh uh. Any guesses on how many times this reporter took the long journey that starts with an M and ends 4 S's, 4 I's and 2 P's later ? 57. Yep. Went back and counted. I have no life.

• With only a few hours away from all things football and bowl-related and no rental car, I didn't get to explore all there is to explore in the Biloxi-Gulfport area. I saw plenty of these ....

hoped to see more of these ....

hit up a few of these ....


(Sidenote: I was up 2 grand at the craps table, remembered I'm Mormon, and called it a night. No worries. It's all going to the ward missionary fund. :) )

got a real good look at the inside of this building ....

enjoyed an excellent game here ...

and chowed down any time they put one of these in front of me.

Didn't bring home any Southern belles as a souviner (sorry Mom). Just a couple T-shirts, foam footballs, and a stomach full of tasty shrimp and fried chicken.

1 comment:

  1. They pampered you well. At least you can say you have been to every unknown city in America someday.

    ReplyDelete