Monday, January 31, 2011

A December to Remember: Part I

In blogging time, this is probably a overdue post, so my apologies to all 16 of you.

However, Katie and I just watched Inception, so maybe I'm just dreaming and projecting this post which I actually did weeks ago. Or something like that.

Either way, quantifying time has become tough to judge as a newlywed because I've pushed aside as many thoughts of responsibility as possible. Give me another month to start answering phone calls, replying to e-mails, making to-do lists and otherwise functioning as a normal, civil adult.

With that said, lets get to the month that was with fewer words and more PHOTOS!!!

PART I: THE WEDDING

For all intents and purposes in my mind, our "wedding" started the night before our sealing with a dinner party at the Old Mill Golf Course.


Per tradition, the Jorgy cousins provided the best entertainment of the night with a updated, occasion-specific rendition of the "Carol of the Bells."

Couples line from the song:

"Rob had a clue, knew what to do. Moved to Salt Lake. Isn't he great."

"Just as long as Rob gave her a ring, Neil (father in-law) was fine with almost anything. "

"Wed - ding bells ring, Fin' - lly we sing, With joyful ring, Hap - pi - ness bring."

Sadly, not long after they finished it dawned on me that the next time the cousins perform I won't be a spectator.


We tried to provide a little pizazz to the evening with a few "gifts" for our matchmaker and my new brother in-law Jared, including this T-shirt.
--------

Katie and I were sealed around 12:30 p.m. to allow the sun the break through the haze. The sun didn't fully cooperate, but it kept the snow from making an appearance and warmed up to a blistering 38 degrees so we didn't have to freeze outside while taking pictures.




Apparently it's not a wedding - or any moment in time when a camera is present - without a picture with Katie's Uncle Doug.


The same can be said about this family photo. Ah, the things you learn about your in-laws after your locked in for eternity. I'm only kidding. Just used to the lets-just-play-it-straight-and-hope-Rob-opens-his-eyes Weiler photos.



The boys and the wives traveled near and far (Texas, Florida, New York, North Carolina) to make sure Katie went through with it. As you can see, they're pretty excited to bid adieu to bachelorhood in the group and complete the circle.



One of Katie's faves


One of my faves. Part cheese, part ready-to-be-done-with-pictures



No, we're not admiring our new bling (it's on the other hand). I thought we had a really good idea to combat the December temperature by bringing some of those Hot Hands warmers. Only problem is they're not the cleanest products in the world, particularly when a white wedding dress is in the equation.

--------




The first time I saw our reception center, the word that came to mind was "overwhelming." Since the place doubles as a greenhouse, it's quite a jungle of trees and plants and flowers to navigate along with the lights and fountains and gazebos and tables. But the upside is that in the end you get some amazing scenery and atmosphere. Kudos to my wife for planning a fantastic and memorable day.


Getting the hang of this candid camera idea.

--------

Side note: I exercised a bit on vanity in preparation for the wedding. I'll let you be the judge on how well white strips worked for me, but I think it was worth trying once.


Before


After

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is FINALLY!!!!! :) Love the pictures and the update. We think of you guys often and are glad to see you are still trying to avoid responsibility. Ha! Do it as long as you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the pics turned out. It was a great day. I love the pic of you two looking at each other and the cake shot is awesome also. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sad it didn't work out for me to be at your wedding Rob. I tried. I'm sad. :(

    LOVE the Carol of the Bells stuff. What a fun family you've married into! Why do I feel like she won't be impressed by the Weiler Family Christmas Talent Shows.

    It was great to see these pictures and hear you share your day. Looks like it was beautiful! I look forward to meeting Katie.

    P.S. I think the teeth bleaching worked great! Please convince Harley to do this.

    P.P.S. I think you totally look like Scott in the "getting the hang of candid camera" pic.

    ReplyDelete