Monday, August 31, 2009

First Tenor Jinx

Ever been told you need to step out of your comfort zone once in a while?
A word of further advice: Step, don't catapult.
What I hoped would be a fun, personal challenge to audition for community theatre has become a full-time commitment for the next two months as Jinx, one of the four Plaids.
Brighton High Madrigals and LDS Institute Encore show choir don't hold a candle to this.
There are a couple things working in my favor:
 -I know the three other Plaids from church pretty well, which makes rehearsal something to look forward to. 
 - My character and I share similar personalities, so I shouldn't have to do too much acting.
Hopefully come Oct. 22, I'll be ready to "Cry" 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the play. I hope it is worth all the time and work that is required in rehersal.
    Sorry, but I think I threw away my Perry Como albums and sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see you in this! This is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Rob, way to get involved in the community. We would love to see you in this, you are probably great!

    Side note: remember my roommate Kristina? Her sister and family just moved to Kingsman where her husband is a lawyer, I think. So random.

    ReplyDelete