Sunday, August 15, 2010

Operation: Phony Sony

So, how was the weekend?
Well, it started out here


and then I hung out along these for a while



And then...
Just a sec. I have to finish my crossword puzzle.

What's a 10-letter phrase for "miracle of epic proportions"

Oh wait. I've got it.

She... said... YES!



Pay no attention to our Facebook profiles. We're engaged.

If you want all the details, you'll have to talk to Katie. I'll just say that "Operation: Phony Sony" came down to the wire, but it worked like a charm.

A big thanks to those who had a hand in helping with the proposal, keeping it a surprise and making it a special night for both of us.

Stay tuned for details on the wedding (but don't plan any post-Thanksgiving vacations, wink wink).

The next step for us is to nix this long-distance thing, so I'll be "taking my talents" to Cottonwood Heights to play for Team Unemployment starting Sept. 1 unless someone has a better offer.
----
Final thought: Now that I'm in full marriage prep mode, which of Jerry Seinfeld's friends am I to believe?

Tom Papa ... or Cosmo Kramer


18 comments:

  1. Rob we are sooooo excited for you and Katie! Our Sundays won't be the same without you but how can we be selfish and beg you to stay in Yuma when such wonderful events are transpiring in your life? Good luck. We will stick close to your blog for life updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoooooooooo! Rob, oh Rob! This is the best news I've heard in days. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm excited for you and can't wait to meet her (and get the full story... this post has me very intrigued).

    Thanks for the clips. Both were great. Both were funny. Both are true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miracle of epic proportions.

    Congratulations, Rob and Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYAY!!!! I am so happy for you! Katie is SUCH A LUCKY GIRL!! Oh I want to come to come to the reception. I'm so tired of missing Weiler weddings. There's been so many lately and I haven't been able to go to any.

    And don't worry about what Crammer said...I'd say we eat while watching TV about 50% of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! This couldn't be happening to a nicer guy. Katie, you sure know how to pike em. You are one lucky lady.

    Susie Weiler

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Rob!!!!!

    I agree with the general theme happening here in the comments above . . . "Katie is one lucky girl!!!!" I am so excited for you; this is great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schmoopy!!! So excited for you! And I want an email with the details. We need to have a going away Friends/Seinfeld night!

    BTW - Kramer and Papa are both right....it just depends on the day!
    Congrats! She is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are THRILLED for you! Ryan and I knew it was over once we met Katie! She's awesome! We love you both and are soooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you!! YEAH!!! Now wasn't she worth the wait???!!! Just from the few moments I spent talking to the both of you I believe she definitely was!!! You deserve the best!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rob, what excellent news! (And great blog, too, btw.) Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WWAAAAHHHHOOOOOO!!!!! Brett and I were just talking about you and wondering how things were going.... I'm SOOO happy for you! And we want DETAILS ROBERTO!!! And an invitation! We miss you and are super duper excited for ya.
    Loved the video's... and I agree... both right! More so on the Tom Papa!
    Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you saw Chris and I in person, you'd know that Tom Papa is 100% correct. I wish that neither were even close to being true, but sadly they both are at times. I'm so happy for you, Rob! We can't wait to hear more. Katie is beautiful and seems like your perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to have Katie in the family! Congrats Rob

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Rob. I'm so happy for you. You found a great girl (although I have yet to meet her, Jonathan said she's great).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats again! We knew she was the one when we met her. We are excited you are moving back to SLC, we will need to hang out more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome to hear Rob! All the best to you both and hope things work out when you get back to SLC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Rob!
    We are so happy for you.
    James, DesRae, Jameson, Katie

    ReplyDelete