.... PART III: THE HOLIDAYS
Before we got a chance to put up all of our Christmas decorations, Katie's siblings raided our apartment and spruced up the place while we were on our honeymoon
Nothing says "Welcome home newlyweds" or " 'Tis the season" like a house full of pamphlets highlighting some of Colorado's most beautiful and exciting attractions. I've been told it's sort of a Jorgy tradition to "brochure" a room when anyone is away from home. And as I've learned, they do such a good job of hiding these things in so many places the fun of cleaning it up goes on for months.
Before
Our first Christmas tree looked almost exactly like Katie's bachelorette Christmas tree. I contributed the tree skirt/fleece throw blanket.
We spent Christmas Eve day at my parents. The kids were loaded up with camping gear. The parents got a ping pong table. Both should provide for many fun experiences in the future -- and fill up all the ample storage space at each of our homes :)

Circa 1990
Circa 2010
That left us to do our first Christmas morning on our own.
Mmmm. Katie seriously downplayed her cooking skills while we were dating.
If it weren't for sports, this would be adorable.
Much better.
Can't forget the holiday ugly sweater party hosted by the Harpers. There was some strong competition, but nobody does ugly like Ryan Moffitt (tallest guy in the middle). Bonus points for suiting up in matching ugly pants, though I think it may have swayed the voting in his favor. Rules breach? If you're not cheating, you're not trying.



So glad you finally posted. So fun to see all the pictures. Hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure why it took me so long to read parts II and III, but I loved them! The cruise looks amazing. I'm so happy to have read an update!
ReplyDelete