Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thank You Notes

If you don't mind, I have a few thank you notes to catch up on, Jimmy Fallon style.


Thank you, Teri, for getting married and adding Dave to the family. We were looking for a tall guy and a red head to welcome into the fold. And were it not for this blessed event, there would be zero photographic evidence of Katie's third trimester.

Great dinner party

Greater view

Greatest reception dessert


Thank you, Teri, for making us a part of your wedding morning preparations. More importantly, thank you for not including us in your wedding night plans. 



Thank you, Brooklyn, for hanging out with Uncle Rob at the reception. All we need to do now is find something more interesting than Christmas lights to hold your attention.


Thank you, Mickey Mouse, for finding your way into EVERY family gathering. 


Thank you, Tracy, for receiving the same gifts at your joint baby shower with Katie. If something happens to ours, we know where to swipe a replacement.


Homemade blankets. Montana tested, Mom Dawson approved.


Thank you, Sven, for being our guinea pig baby and giving us a parenting practice run. Sorry we couldn't replicate Houston's climate with our lousy humidifier.

This mobile came with flowers. I thought basketballs were a better fit for boys.

Yeah, I feel a little weird when my tie t-shirt matches my nursing pillow cover too.

So you're saying the bouncer is a winner?

When I say I'll keep an eye on a kid, I mean it.



Thank you, Neil, for filling up our email inbox with dozens of random pictures. Who knew downtown St. Louis was visible from an airplane or that the Jefferson Memorial looked better with a side mirror on its left?


Thank you, Hansens, for bringing us out to South Jordan. We love it here.  


One of theses cribs is rented. The other one is paid for. Straight cash, home-y. 





And speaking of moves, thank you, Neil and Deor, for deciding to move to Utah despite your lack of interest in doing so. Katie is losing her "buffer zone"  and we'll miss the trips to St. Louis, but I think it's going to be great having Grandma and Grandpa Jorgy around more often. 


And for those of you who not familiar with Jimmy's Thank You notes ....




2 comments:

  1. Love it as always! Those pictures of Sven are sooo adorable! I can guess what the next blog post will be about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love Jimmy's thank you notes. That little Sven is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete